This is my first time to Phu Quoc island in the far south of Vietnam. During my four night stay at the Eco-resort Bamboo cottage, I’ve been delighted to discover the many hidden gems of the island. My favourite discoveries have been the following places, which are definitely worth a visit for delicious fresh food or a chance to experience a great location -whether educational, spiritual or for pure relaxation:
– Phu Quoc Bee farm for an organic experience and to discover how important bees are to us.
– The authentic fishing village of Ham Ninh to see fishermen offload their daily catch and to eat fresh locally caught seafood.
– The white sands and turquoise waters of Sao beach. I believe one of the best beaches in Vietnam!
– Ho Quoc Pagoda is located along a spectacular coastal road from Sao Beach. This stunning temple is position high in rock face providing a great vista at sunset.
– Duong Dong Night market is certainly a must for sampling local culture and cuisine. They have an enormous choice of fresh seafood on offer as its moments away from the town harbour.